1. What is the lifespan of plastic? (How long does it last?) _________________
2. What % of plastic is recycled? _________________
3. Which of these are NOT made of plastic:
fingernail polish, Styrofoam cup, car dashboard, vinyl couch, drinking straw
4. What is plastic made out of? _______________________________________
5. In the U.S. how many water bottles do we consume per day? ___________________
6. How is an ocean gyre formed? _________________ & ________________________
7. There is now _____ times more plastic than plankton in the North Pacific Gyre.
8. A healthy albatross lives about _________ years and has a ________ foot wingspan.
9. Albatross normally eat plankton and shrimp. What are they mistaking for shrimp?
10. Leatherback turtles can weigh up to _____________________ pounds.
11. What do sea turtles normally eat? _____________________ But what kind of
garbage are they accidentally eating nowadays? __________________________
Name at least three simple things you can do to reduce the effects of plastic pollution.
15. If you don’t help clean the beaches, you might feel like a
________________________________________ in the morning!